Monday, December 16, 2013

My Outlet

So, I just wanted to check in because I know my last entry sounded a little dire.  I have had a lot of friends ask me if I am ok after reading it.  Yes, I am fine!  I'm still mad and frustrated, but I will get over it eventually.  One thing that people may not know about me is that writing is my outlet.  Some people shop too much (which I can be guilty of, too!), or drink too much, or eat too much, or take their feelings out on others or on themselves.  Me, I write about my feelings.  I have ever since my dad gave me a little blue diary with a combination lock on it when I was about 12-years-old.  I still have that diary, too!  I wrote in it from age 12 to 16!  Lots happened in my life in those 4 year!  Yet, I digress.  My point is, when I have strong feelings about something, I tend to need to write about it.  I have to give my feelings a voice, so to speak.  Most of the time, once I can get my thoughts and emotions on paper, I can then move past them.  That was the point of my last post, really.  Just to dump all of those icky feelings somewhere so that I wouldn't have to walk around feeling them anymore and begin the process of moving forward.  So, as I said before, I am fine.  I am enjoying my family, preparing for Christmas, and just enjoying my life where I am at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment